The Davis Vantage Vue is a wireless weather station that’s currently among the most demand among researchers and scientists. It provides accurate and reliable weather monitoring capabilities in a self-contained easy-to-install system. It also includes an outdoor sensor array and an LCD console. The Vantage Vue is one of the essential tools to have for measuring weather conditions. However, it won’t matter at all if you haven’t set up its console for use. That’s why in this article, we’re going to show you a quick guide on how to set up the Davis Vantage Vue wireless weather station.
Davis Weather Station – Setup Mode
First, enter the setup mode. To do that, you’ll have to do the following steps:
Press the console and select SETUP.
Press DONE to advance; press BAR to go back to the setup screen if you’re looking to make changes to your settings. Here are the things that you can change:
- Date and Time – Press <and> to move in between the segments. Press the plus (+) and minus (-) buttons to alter the value of the segment. Press UNITS and 2ND to change from the standard 12-hour to 24-hour time format.
- Time Zone – Press the plus (+) and minus (-) to cycle through the different available time zones. Press 2ND then + and – symbols to set the UTC offset.
- Daylight Savings Settings – Press + or – to select either MANUAL or AUTOMATIC.
- Daylight Savings Status – If daylight savings settings are AUTO, display the current status. If daylight savings settings are MANUAL, press + or – to turn the DST off.
- Receiving From – The transmitter displays and identifies that the console is in “receiving” mode. It can take several minutes to display all IDs.
Other Setup Modes
- Active Transmitters – Press <or> to choose ID, use + or – to set to ON or OFF (for receiving from that station. Press the GRAPH button to alter station type: Vue VP2, ISS, WIND.
- Retransmit – Press the plus (+) or minus (-) symbol to toggle the retransmit function OFF and ON.
- Latitude and Longitude – Press <or> to move in between segments. Press the plus or minus symbol to change the value of the flashing segment. Press 2ND and UNITS to toggle between NORTH and SOUTH (latitude) or EAST and WEST (longitude).
- Press <or> to move between segments. Press the + or – symbols to change the value of the flashing segment. Press 2ND and UNITS to toggle between METERS and FEET.
- Barometric Reduction Press the plus or minus symbol to change barometric setting types: NOAA (default), ALTERNATE SETTING (Altimeter), or NONE.
Follow each step carefully to set up your Davis Vantage Vue weather station successfully. For more articles that talk about scientific tools and equipment, visit our website now!